URBAN FUTURE May 23: Materials matter: Taking carbon out of construction
Norwegian Green Building Council is a partner in URBAN FUTURE Global Conference May 22-24 in Oslo.
URBAN FUTURE global conference is organised in collaboration with FutureBuilt and is one of the main events in the Oslo European Green Capital Year.
On May 23 from 14:00-15:30 CEO Katharina Bramslev is chairing this session on how to decarbonise one of the most carbon-intensive sectors.
The construction of buildings in a growing city emits the same amount of CO2 as its entire mobility sector. Shocking, isn’t it? No wonder climate action leaders are working hard on taking carbon out of this sector. We gather the front-runners, let them share their experiences, successes and failures and identify the key areas that are up for transformation.
- Panu Pasanen. CEO of One Click LCA (Finland)
- Harald Vaagaasar Nikolaisen. Director General of Statsbygg (Norway)
- Henning Fjeldheim. Senior Advisor at Skanska Norway (Norway)
- Doug Smith. Director of Sustainability at the City of Vancouver (Canada)
- James Drinkwater. European Director at World Green Building Council (UK)
- Heidi Sørensen. Director of the Oslo Climate Agency (Norway)
- Katharina Bramslev. CEO of Norwegian Green Building Council (Norway)