In this GBC Nordic webinar we will learn about the state of circular economy in real estate and construction sector in the Nordic countries and how international cooperation can speed up the shift in the industry. Best practices and examples on implementing the circular principles in practice will also be shared and discussed.
In collaboration between the Nordic Green Building Councils, a number of topics during the year will be discussed from a Nordic perspective. The fifth webinar is organized by Green Building Council Finland with the topic Circular Economy in the Real Estate and Construction Sector.
Circular Economy in the Real Estate and Construction Sector
1. On the importance of Circular Economy
• Opening of the event
• Introduction of the speakers
• Ella Lahtinen/Miisa Tähkänen, Green Building Council Finland
2. Introducing the Nordic Network for Circular Construction
• Project Presentation and call for cooperation
• Matti Kuittinen, Ministry of the Environment of Finland
3. State of the Art Analysis on Circularity in the Nordic Construction Sector
• Study completed as a part of Nordic Network for Circular Construction
• Interim results
• Sabine, Barth WSP
4. How to work with Circularity – New Handbook by the City of Copenhagen
• Speaker from the city: Jens Runge, Chief consultant & head of sustainability
• What the handbook includes + why making such a handbook is useful
5. Practical Examples from the Field
• Presentations to show how circularity principles can be brought to practice
• Possibility to suggest presenters from your markets!
• Around 7-10 min per presentation, 3 presentations in whole.
• Regional Circularity, Sigríður Ósk Bjarnadótti
• Reusing concrete slabs in commercial construction, Henning Fjeldheim, Skanska Norway